CHRISTIAN EDUCATION FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE POLICY
The members of the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Church believe that true education means more than a pursuit of a certain course of study. It means more than a preparation for the life that now is. It has to do with the whole being and with the whole period of existence possible to us. It is the harmonious development of the physical, the mental, and the spiritual powers.
We also believe that the Holy Scriptures are the perfect standard of truth, and as such should be given the highest place in education. To obtain an education worthy of its name, students must receive knowledge of God, the Creator, and of Christ, the Redeemer, as they are revealed in the sacred Word.
The Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Church encourages Christian education for its young people, advises them to seek it out over public teaching, and is willing to assist the students in achieving these goals. Therefore, this policy is established to set student qualification, educational institution guidelines, and a level of financial support for qualified students wanting a Christian education.
Educational assistance funds of up to $500 per semester may be provided subject to the approved budget with an annual total per school year of $1000 for the student, and will be paid by the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Church Treasurer directly to the institution. Routine tuition payments however, must be paid to the school directly by the student, their parent(s), or legal guardian.
All applicants must appear before the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Leadership Team to verbally request assistance, formally present their written APPLICATION FOR EDUCATION ASSISTANCE (below), provide updates on any previous assistance, and answer any questions.
Pending funds availability and a positive review of the student’s qualifications and performance at the school, assistance will be approved and funds will be paid to the school on a semester-by-semester basis. The Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Leadership Team must approve any exception to these guidelines.
- The student, their parent(s), or legal guardian must be a member who primarily attends the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- The student must be accepted into a qualified school with plans to attend the entire school year.
- The student agrees to maintain grades at or above the passing level at the school.
- The student agrees to follow the guidelines of the school such that they are not subject to discipline or censure, and to represent the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Church in a positive and responsible manner.
Educational Institution Guidelines
- The school must be an accredited Seventh-day Adventist or other accredited Christian school that offers private Christian education at the levels of grade school, secondary school, college, or university.
- Requests for assistance to a non-Seventh-day Adventist school must be submitted with a documented statement of beliefs. This is to be reviewed and accepted by the Leadership Team.
- The school must offer a program of matching funds, reduced tuition, grants, loans, or waivers to leverage the financial assistance provided by the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Church.
APPLICATION FOR EDUCATION ASSISTANCE
This form must be submitted to the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Leadership Team for approval.
Student’s Name ________________________________________________________________
Phone Number _________________________________________________________________
School’s Name _________________________________________________________________
Phone Number ___________________________________
Type of school financial assistance program ____________
(Please attach a copy of the schools program for tuition assistance.)
Amount of financial assistance requested from the Aspen Park SDA Church ___________
School year or period for which funds are requested ______________________________
We request financial assistance for a Christian education and we certify that the student and the school meet the guidelines established by the Aspen Park SDA Church.
Signed the Student/Parent/Guardian Date
Funds of $____________ are approved by the Aspen Park Seventh-day Adventist Leadership Team.
Signed the Aspen Park SDA Church Pastor/Head Elder/Treasurer Date